My favorite animal

The snake 

The snakes are reptiles without extremities, long body, with variable weight and size, their skin is covered with scales, a skeleton that gives them a lot of flexibility and a forked tongue.

All species are carnivores. Ones kill their prey with constriction, other by venom that transfers by bite.  The snakes can't chew, so they swallow their food whole (this capacity, it is because they don't have a sternum). Their preys are birds, amphibians, mammals, fish, invertebrates, and even other snakes in certain species.

The habitat of all snakes is very varied. Some of them are located in very dry environments (rattlesnake), others go deep into humid jungles (like anacondas). They also exist in shallow waters near the coast, and more.


                                          

They face the destruction of green areas for urban development, hunting to get their skin and use it as textile material, also because they are poorly valued, and misunderstood, since for many snakes are a meaning of danger and death, They only attack when they feel threatened.

I like them, because in the chinese traditional culture they symbolize luck, authority, love, happiness, fortune and longevity, besides in the chinese horoscope i'm metal snake. For me they are diversity  and adaptability to new thing.






Comentarios

  1. Woow! is the first person I've seen who likes snakes, I only like the variety of colors they have, some are very beautiful, but in case they give me a lot of nerve, besides I'm afraid of them.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Elisabeth!, im surprise with the variety of simbolim of the snake in the chinese culture.
    I am struck by how cute they can be.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Really? I am also a snake in the Chinese horoscope.

    ResponderEliminar

  4. Snakes are so adorable! Everything they represent in the Chinese horoscope is very interesting.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My favorite thing

My opinion (?

MY FAVORITE SUBJECT